Gary Ryan’s best-selling album from 2003, Worlds Apart, is now available to digitally download.
In this recording Ryan shows the ‘huge variety of repertoire written, transcribed or arranged for the guitar from all corners of the globe’. It is a brilliant selection of some of the best classical guitar music from across the world ranging from Western classical composers J.S.Bach, Scarlatti and Giuliani to the Latin-American Brouwer (Cuba) and Barrios (Paraguay) and Yocoh with the beautiful Sakura, Theme and Variations from Japan.
Worlds Apart also features Ryan performing his own composition, Scenes from the Wild West. The suite contains a wonderful selection of musical styles from the lyrical and reflective, Across the Plain, through finger-picking and rock genres to the immensely popular and fun Rondo Rodeo.
This album download comprises of 14 MP3 audio files encoded at 320 Kbps and the full 7 page complete pdf artwork booklet. Filesize 142MB.
Once purchased, the download link will expire after 24 hours, please ensure that you have downloaded and stored your purchase within this time.
1. Grand Overture – Mauro Giuliani (1781-1829)
2. Sonata in A, K483 – Domenico Scarlatti (1685 – 1757)
3-4. Prelude and Presto from Lute Suite No.3 BWV 995 – J.S. Bach (1685-1750)
5. Berceuse (Cancion de Cuna) – Leo Brouwer (1939-)
6. Un Dia de Noviembre – Leo Brouwer (1939-)
7. Vals Op.8 No 4 – Agustin Barrios Mangoré (1885-1944 )
8. Sakura, Theme and Variations – Yuquijiro Yocoh (1925- )
Scenes from The Wild West – Gary Ryan (1969-)
9. Railroad (Cajun Mandolin)
10. Across the Plain (Wagon Trail)
11. West Coast Breeze (On the way to Mexico)
12. Rockweed (Arizona)
13. Rondo Rodeo (Hoedown)
14. Smoke Rising (Firedance)
Running time: 1 hour 2 minutes